Case Studies and Publications
To access case studies, please select an area of interest below:
What is Quality Improvement and Knowledge Translation?
Quality Improvement and Knowledge Translation is a key component of all programs led by the eHealth Centre of Excellence, ensuring that digital health technologies enable best practices and ultimately improve the quality of patient care. This work is closely linked to change management and adoption processes, with activities supporting:
- Identification of processes that produce organizational and clinical value in healthcare workflows
- Integration of metrics within digital health solutions to enable monitoring and evaluation
- Assessment of the impact of digital health tools on practice efficiencies and quality of care
- Translation of knowledge acquired through a variety of sources to ensure that digital health solutions continue to enable enhanced quality of care
Quality Improvement and Knowledge Translation (QI & KT) was formally known as "Benefits Realization" and is supported by a model published in Building Capacity for Health Informatics in the Future, a peer-reviewed ebook (ITCH 2017). Click here to read it!
“Using Digital Health to Support Best Practices: Impact of MRI Ordering Guidelines Embedded Within an Electronic Referral Solution.”
Huebner LA, Mohammed HT, Ravi M. Using Digital Health to Support Best Practices: Impact of MRI Ordering Guidelines Embedded Within an Electronic Referral Solution. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2019.; 257:176-183
Research Areas of Interest:
- Impact and satisfaction with eReferral
- Impact of electronic medical record decision support tools on patient management and outcome
- Impact and satisfaction with Virtual Visits
Evaluation of other initiatives:
Periodically, we also support the evaluation of other initiatives in healthcare, such as the Health Links model of care across Waterloo-Wellington Local Health Integration Network (2017). Case studies on Health Links can be found here.
For more information, or if you are interested in participating in an upcoming case study, please contact:
Lirije Hyseni, Benefits Realization Practice Lead
(519) 885-0606 x. 1018