As part of the System Coordinated Access (SCA) eReferral Program, patients are invited to complete the online patient experience survey. The survey allows patients to share their experiences with the Ocean eReferral process by answering both quantitative and qualitative questions.
The results are in!
To date, more than 1500 patients have responded to the patient experience survey, of which 96% agree that eReferral is an easy process and that eReferral notifications improve the patient experience. In just over two months (February 1 to April 9, 2019), 425 patients completed the survey, providing many comments. Over 11% of these patients included comments on the efficiency of the process. In total, there were 48 individual comments related to efficiency.
The patients have spoken!
- Appointment was fast and made the same day
- Doctor one day, appointment confirmed next day. Excellent service.
- Excellent quick process. I had the appointment before I reached home.
- Had the referral appointment within an hour of my Dr. appointment
- I am quite impressed with the time frame it took to get appointment. Electronic referral is the way to go.
- I find this method to be very efficient. My doctor’s appointment was yesterday and today I have an appointment scheduled!
- This process is a time saver for all—the patient, the provider and the referring physician to the best of my knowledge. I work in this industry and it is a positive step in the right direction for referrals.
Patients are recognizing the benefits of eReferral and the impact it’s making on getting them the care they need. If you’re not already using eReferral, email us at eReferral@ehealthce.ca for more information.