The goal of this tool is to reduce the number of unnecessary diagnostic tests, improve wait times and enhance patient care.
Clinical content has been adapted from guidelines such as;
- Centre for Effective Practice – Clinically Organize Relevant Exam (CORE) Back Tool
- Aligns with the HQO Quality Standards for Low Back Pain
- Integration of identification of the mechanical patterns for low back pain into patient history questions.
- Revised psychosocial yellow flags section, which includes questions and hints for providers to help identify patients who are at higher risk for developing chronicity.
- Patient key messages integrated throughout the tool.
- Management Matrix with suggestions for initial management based on the pain patterns of low back pain.
Interested in learning more?