Calling all primary care providers: we are excited to announce that the eHealth Centre of Excellence’s QBIC (Quality Based Improvements in Care) team is now offering a new osteoporosis tool that can be integrated directly into your electronic medical record (EMR)!*
This custom form supports clinicians with early identification and management of patients with osteoporosis.
- Clinical content adapted from 2010 Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Osteoporosis in Canada and the 2015 Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Frail Elderly.
- Assess a patient’s risk for fracture using
- Canadian Association of Radiologists and Osteoporosis Canada (CAROC)
- Fracture Risk Assessment Tool (FRAX)
- Coupled with a falls assessment tool
- Use the risk factor analysis to
- Guide management both non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic
- Access educational handouts
For more information on how to access this tool, please contact Rob Gordon, QBIC Change Management Specialist at Rob.Gordon@ehealthCE.ca.
* Please note that the osteoporosis tool is currently only available for TELUS Practice Solutions EMRs.
Interested in more information on QBIC's services? Click here for the full catalogue.